Join our Team
Sales & Fulfillment Associate (Part-Time/Hourly)-
posted April 8, 2021
Bonboni Mercantile Co. has both an e-commerce site and a brick & mortar shop in South St. Louis City featuring a whimsical, boho-chic style that sells a curated selection of gift items, vintage home goods, and women’s clothing and accessories. Bonboni Mercantile Co. has been named the “Most Beautiful Store in Missouri” by Architectural Digest, and the “Best New Home Goods Store” by St. Louis Magazine.
We are looking to expand our small team with a Sales & Fulfillment Associate to work approximately 5-10 hours a week, with a potential for more hours as our business expands. The focus of this job is both a sales associate during our shop’s open hours and fulfilling e-commerce orders throughout the week.
Candidates must have availability during our shop’s open hours on Saturdays from 10-3, and Sundays from 11-3. You are not required to work both Saturday and Sunday, but should be generally available during those times. Additional hours to work during the week for e-commerce fulfillment related tasks are available on an as needed basis, and are flexible on the day and time.
A successful Sales Associate candidate will be highly personable and enthusiastic, with an ability to interact with a wide variety of personality types. Candidates should ideally have a background in a boutique retail setting or have a demonstrated natural ability to provide top-notch customer service and a strong attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through proactive excellent sales service from welcoming customers to the store to a completed transaction.
- Research and keep abreast of product information and features so you are a trusted authority to customers. The stories behind the items are often a strong selling point, so learning those will be beneficial for our success.
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants and gently recommend products ranging from vintage home goods, gifts, to clothing that match customers’ needs.
- Manage point-of-sale processes including handling cash and credit cards.
- Neatly wrap and bag purchases for customers.
- Tag and process new inventory as directed.
- Maintain outstanding store condition by regularly sanitizing high-touch surfaces, dusting, sweeping, and cleaning windows during each shift.
- Follow a store opening and closing procedures.
- Gather, pack, and ship e-commerce orders for shipment.
- College student at least through their sophomore year of school
- Lives in or near St. Louis, MO must have reliable transportation
- Preferred 1+ years retail or equivalent experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work a total of 5-10 hours/week including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to commit for a minimum of 6 months
Compensation starts at $15/hour with regular raises.
Please submit your application at this link: https://forms.gle/sHVURVq7ph3k9r98A